THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 26, 2009

Random People on the Subway #1

Ok! So I'm going to do a little number every so often (when appropriate) about random people on public transit. I can either meet them, see them, overhear a piece of their conversation or observe something they're doing that I feel in all my good judgment is worthy of my/your interest.

Today on the subway I noticed four guys. One was looking at a page of his passport and his friend started pulling up his shirt and reaching into a little pouch I guess he had... fastened... to his torso... under his shirt. It tripped me out because where from I was sitting it looked like he was zipping open his stomach and taking something out. But, because I'm not a complete idiot I gathered there was something more to the story.

The guy took out his passport as well, they were reading over their visa's (possibly forged). Turns it out they were from Mexico. (Gathered this from the word MEXICO on their passports..) I still can't decide if they've immigrated or they're just visiting. They spoke fluent Spanish and didn't say a word of English the entire 2 minutes I turned down my music to eavesdrop. They all had copies of the day's Metro, but were literally just skimming over it... looking at the pictures maybe? ( I gathered this with my stealthy and decently creepy forced eye-contact method). I thought it was sort of cute that they were reading the Metro, like they were trying to get to know the city or something. It's something I'd do in Mexico.. which is sort of funny because earlier I had been toying with the idea of taking a Spanish course while also thinking "when the fuck am I going to have to speak Spanish?"

Also, one of them smelled like strongly of pina coladas. It was incredible.

0 comments: